HOCKEY MANITOBA UPDATEs
OCTOBER 30, 2020 –
UPDATE FROM HOCKEY WINNIPEG
There has been an update from the Government of Manitoba. It reads:
The Winnipeg Metropolitan region will move to the Critical level (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System effective Monday, November 2nd. The following measures will be put in place:
Sports and Recreation Activities
- All recreational facilities, group sports, arcades, bowling, etc. Suspended.
- All indoor and outdoor sports facilities closed.
Hockey Winnipeg is implementing the following directives:
- Effective Saturday, October 31st ALL Hockey Winnipeg sanctioned activities must cease and are postponed until further notice
- This is including but not limited to: practices, development sessions, games, exhibition games, dryland workouts and team functions
- Hockey Winnipeg teams are NOT permitted to travel outside the city to participate in any hockey activities
- These directives apply to all levels of play within Hockey Winnipeg including U18 AAA
- A number of facilities are already closed in Winnipeg. Before going to the rink tonight please check to see if your facility is still open.
Hockey Winnipeg would like to encourage our members to follow the Provincial guidelines, the sooner we can stop the spread of Covid-19 the sooner we can get back to the rink.
When more information becomes available regarding a return to sanctioned activity it will be shared at that time.
Executive Director, Hockey Winnipeg